Monday 11 February 2013

Today has been a day of talking about the development of my designs. One of my main designs will be made for a dress which will hopefully be the main focus of my final display. As mentioned a couple of days ago I went to visit a lady called Jane who was more than willing to hel me make up one of my final pieces. I had discussed about the style of the dress that I wanted to make, and have talked about making it in the style of a Vivienne Westwood corsetted design, which will be boned on the bodice and the skirt to come out which will either be hooped or boned also with a tulle underneath, and will be adapted by myself at the back. This was something that I had mentioned on my blog at the beginning of the year, that I had been inspired by a poster that I had seen. This was also a vivienne Westwood dress. I had also discussed that, the new motifs I had been working on were not only for developing my ideas from last semester, but they were to be the centre piece for a range of tableware and these were to be designed with the new florals I had painted in my sketchbook. I am now off to measure my mannequin for Jane so that she can use the measurements to make the pattern. Take a look at some of the Westwood styles I have just been looking at.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment