Sunday 10 March 2013


   A couple of illustrations I have been working together for print
 
Textile Competition design
 
I'm not going to lie but this weekend has been an absolute waste of time for me with regards to work.... Saturday myself and Susan turn up at Fab Lab in Manchester for our freebie session on the laser cutting machine. All armed and ready to go we arrive promptly at 10:30am to be told that it was the time slot for a Health and Safety 5 minute chat, We am then prompted to put our name down on the waiting list for our turn, with the only available time at 3pm! So not only have I sacrificed my Saturday morning lie in to get up as I would do on a school morning, I am asked to leave and return almost 5 hours later..... On our return at 3pm we get set up, are assisted in putting our work on the computer ready to print on the laser machine, by this time it's getting on for 3:20 and the lady that has been using the machine since the morning is still there, using it and cutting into our time... I put mine on ready to start, only, because mine is being "Rastered" It's going to take at least 40 mins for my illustration to appear on wood. Our hour slot finished at 4, the man next on the list turns up, makes me take mine out so he can use it for his time. I walk away with a third of mine produced and Susan walks away with nothing!!! Thanks for the experience, but I think were going to stick to our slot at Fred Aldous and pay the price!.. That was Saturday. Today I have managed to ink up another 60x60 scarf which is great, because i've managed to get two done this week, however, I have had to tweek my design for Bradford and my Photoshop has decided to go extra slow on me. I give up, looks like another early doors for me in uni tomorrow so i can work a little more on it and send it to print through the day.. Here's a preview of my final design and a couple of other illustration motifs I have put together....

No comments:

Post a Comment